Monday 13 June 2011

Production – Textures and Objects

Today I have started to put textures onto my object that I had made last week. First I gathered textures from town using my camera. I looked for things like wood, concrete and metal textures that would suit my environment theme which is dark and grimy. Then, after getting the textures I edited them a little in Photoshop (to crop images or make them darker) and then tried applying them to an object in my scene using UVW maps.

However, they were stretched most of the time and you could see where the image ends and the next one began clearly so I had to go back into Photoshop and make the image smaller and then copy it to fill the space.  I also used the clone tool to make sure all the edges were the same and blended well together.  Then I applied the texture and resized it so that you could no longer see the edges. Finally, I cleaned up some of the extra polygons by deleting the polygons and then using the ‘cap holes’ modifier to fill the hole.

Next week I will finish creating the more complicated models in my scene and then try adding textures to them. Also I may try playing around with lighting to see what would look best in my scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment