Friday 20 May 2011

Sketchbook - Perspective drawing

On Friday I was told the project would last 6 weeks so I chose the idea I wanted for my environment (which was the train station) and visualised how it would look. Taking into account the amount of time I was given for the project, I thought about what objects would be in the room and what textures I would use.

Using only a few objects would be the best idea, since I have a limited time space and the project is more focused on how you use lighting, fog and other techniques in a scene to create an atmosphere to your scene, so a lot of object would not be necessary. Also, making the room not too big would be helpful since I wont have to render too many pictures and don’t have to stretch textures across a huge wall.

After I had thought about the general shape of my room and what was to go in it, I set about putting it on paper in the form of a perspective drawing from one position in my room, as if I was going to render the final work out. I also drew a top down view of my room so that I know exactly where all the objects are going to be when it comes to producing the work. Plus the measurements can be accurately done for things like the pillars and train - tracks and the room can be made easily symmetrical.

Next time, to improve my work, I would try to fit in more objects in the drawing and also add more detail to the existing ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment